This intensive ten-month program provides men and women with the spiritual formation and necessary skills to answer God’s call to the ministry of Spiritual Direction, while earning a professional certificate in Spiritual Direction.
The program is staffed by a team of practicing Mayslake Ministries Spiritual Directors and affiliates who for decades, have accompanied spiritual seekers on their journey to grow closer to God.
About the Program
- 2 Online Retreat Days
- 6 Formation Modules (6 weeks each)
- Online Program
- Guided Independent Study
- Traditional & Contemporary Catholic resources
- Mastery of 15 Practice Skills
- 120+ hours of Skills Practice
- Affordable Payment Options
- Professional Certification in Spiritual Direction earned in 10 months
2023 – 2024 Module Topics & Schedule
All classes will be conducted online this year.
|Sep 8 & 9||Opening Retreat|
|Sep 14||Skills Orientation|
|Sep 21||Module #1: Who is Jesus? What does it mean to be human?|
|Nov 2||Module #2: What would Jesus have me do? Discipleship in the Modern World|
|Jan 4||Module #3: Healthy Human Development|
|Feb 15||Module #4: Healthy Spiritual Development|
|Apr 4||Module #5: The Function of Spiritual Direction: Discernment|
|May 16||Module #6: Living the Christian Life in the Modern World|
|June 22, 2024||Final Retreat and Ceremony|
Candidates are required to:
- Be in Spiritual Direction.
- Meet online with cohort to practice skills on assigned Thursday evenings.
- Connect with module facilitators throughout sessions.
- Select a practice directee to journey with throughout the program.
- Complete all Module assignments by deadlines.